In Your Community
Trying to find the support best suited for you can be overwhelming, but this is a great place to start. The following community resources are offered at no cost to you. Making the phone call is the first big step. If you have questions about any of these programs, come meet with us to discuss the options available and together we will find the best fit for you.
- Licensed professionals offer a variety of supportive services as well as individual and group counseling, for families who are grieving after the death of a loved one.
All in-person Grieving Support Groups are held at the
Bob & Merle Scolnik Healing Center. 1050 W. Western Ave. Suite 303
Please visit their website: www.HarborHospiceMI.org for the
most current meeting and information times.
- Call 231-728-3442 for an appointment or for more information
- A Christ-centered ministry that provides HOPE, healing and support for families and individuals who are grieving a death:
- Child groups, Teen Groups, Spousal Loss, Child Loss, Parent/Sibling/Friend Loss
- Meets at Fellowship Church
- 4200 E. Apple Avenue
- Muskegon, MI 49442
- Monday Evenings, 6-week sessions
- Must have intake and enroll
- Contact Fellowship Church at 231-788-2321 for more info or
- contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valuable resources, seminars and support groups led by people who understand grief and want to help others cope with loss.
- 13-week program, but units stand alone, so you can join at any time
- Lake Harbor United Methodist Church
- 4861 Henry Street
- NortonShores, MI 49441
- Monday Evenings: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30p.m.
- Contact Myke or Lake Harbor Staff
- at 231-798-2181 for more information
For community families or individuals, they offer 6 sessions of grief counseling at no charge.
Meetings are by appointment at their offices located on1930 E. Apple Avenue in Muskegon
For HOM families, they offer sessions/follow-up for 13 months, with in-home option
Please contact Bonnie Chasseur
at 616-340-7363 or bchasseu@HOM.org
- Grief Club Suppers - 6pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at a local restaurant
- Grief Club Support Groups - 6pm on the 4th Tuesday of each month
- Grief Club for Parents - 6pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Grief Club for Spouses - 10am on 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Visit the website through the link above for sign-ups, location, and other information.
- Dads helping Dads find healing afer experiencing the loss of a child.
- Peer Support Groups 1st Wednesday of every month
- Open group, all are welcome
- Starlight Ministry Building / Community Room
- 3376 Central Blvd, Hudsonville MI
Quarterly Speaker Series and Summer Picnic Series offered
- Visit www.bereaveddadsnetwork.com for more information
- A variety of services open to anyone in the community who has lost someone close - from counseling to social outings to mailings, and more.
- 1061 S. Beacon Blvd, Ste. 100
- Grand Haven, MI 49417
- “Life after Loss” meets every 2nd Monday from 1-2pm, and 3rd Wednesday from 5-6pm
- “Lunch Bunch” – meets 1st Wednesday of the month, 11:30am
- Grief Support Walking Group meets every other Thursday at 11am
- To call ahead or for more info
- call Barb at 616-846-2015
- or email her: email@example.com
- Faith-based grief support for adults experiencing any type of loss, including death loss, divorce, job loss, etc.
- 1st Thursday of every month, 7pm
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 231-578-7832
- Visit the website through the link above for location and other information.
- 1st and 3rd Monday of the month
- 6-7:30pm, No Registration Necessary
- Momentum Center for Social Engagement Annex
- 712 Columbus Ave in Grand Haven
- Call the Momentum Center at 616-632-4775
- for more information
Living Threads Ministry
This local ministry's mission is to provide memory quilts for grieving families, purposeful community for volunteers and meet the spiritual and physical needs of impoverished children around the world.
A memory quilt has the ability to bring comfort and healing as it honors your loved one and becomes a family heirloom to share with future generations.
A private consultation provides the opportunity to share your loved one’s story. You will be guided through the process of personalizing your memory quilt by using the pieces of a life lived and allowing us to arrange them into a beautiful pattern that will be cherished for years to come!
Quilts can be made from …
Adult/child/infant apparel, logowear, neckties, jerseys, pajamas, blankets, needlework, towels, bedding, hats, photos, poems, scripture verses, signatures, etc.
Fabrics chosen that reflect interests, hobbies, colors, etc. (ie: fishing, music, cars/airplanes/boats, farming, athletics, schools or universities, clubs, etc.)
"Together our imaginations are your only limit!"Learn More »
The following services are great resources for additional counseling or therapy. They take insurance and have sliding scales to make it affordable for you.
Clinical therapists with a Christ-centered approach to supportive counseling, helping you to better understand and get through life’s challenges.
Hope and Wholeness Psychology Center provides support you can count on to offer practical help on your journey.
Accessible and affordable professional counseling services offering hope and healing for all.